What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a profession dedicated to identifying and maximizing quality of life and movement potential. This encompasses physical, psychological, emotional and social well being. At Woodbridge Physiotherapy Practice we use our skills as physiotherapists to treat the cause of the problem at the deepest level using a whole-body approach to restore normal function and allow pain-free movement.
- Sprains and strains ofmuscles, ligaments and joints
- Back and neck pains including sciatica
- Sports related injuries
- Work related disorders
- Long standing (chronic) problems
- Postural problems
- Post-operative rehabilitation eg: after joint replacement
- Stress related problems
- Respiratory problems including hyperventilation
What to expect
On your first visit we listen to you, ask questions relating to your problem and examine you. When the problem is identified you will be given an explanation and recommended solution before treatment commences. Physiotherapy treatment may include soft tissue massage, mobilisation of joints and electrical modalities such as ultrasound. We also give exercises and advice on posture etc.